Transportation & Access
Nacogdoches is a vital transportation, business, university and tourism center located in East Texas and the Texas Forest Country.
Nacogdoches is situated 120 miles north of Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport on US-59 (the future Interstate 69), a dual lane, divided highway that connects Houston with I-20 at Longview. Nacogdoches is also served by Union Pacific Railroad.
Historic Nacogdoches, the Oldest Town in Texas, is also a college town, the home of Stephen F. Austin State University. In addition to being an educational and regional medical hub, Nacogdoches County ranks 8th out of 254 Texas counties in agricultural production.
The Nacogdoches Economic Market consists of 7 counties with a population of more than 300,000 people living within 35 miles of downtown Nacogdoches.
A.L. Mangham Jr. Regional Airport in Nacogdoches
- City owned
- 5,001 ft. hard surface, lighted runway
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- Jet fuel available
- US 59 (Future I-69 Corridor), a dual lane, divided highway running north-south from Houston to Interstate I-20 in Longview, TX. NOTE: Frequently Asked Questions concerning current status of I-69 project construction.
- US 259, a dual lane, divided highway connecting Nacogdoches with Interstate I-20 in Kilgore.
- Texas highways TX-7 & TX-21 both intersect in Nacogdoches.
Highway Loop Around City Of Nacogdoches
- Loop 224 is a dual lane, divided highway loop that bypasses the downtown business district.
- Served by eight major freight carriers.
- Served by four major express delivery carriers.
- Local bus service is provided by Brazos Transit District.
- Map of routes serving Nacogdoches.
Driving Distances and Times to Selected Locations
|Driving Distances and Times to Selected Locations|
|Destination||* Distance (miles)||Time|
|Dallas/Fort Worth, TX||219||3 hr., 37 min.|
|Shreveport, LA||105||1 hr., 55 min.|
|Houston, TX||141||2 hr., 32 min.|
|Baton Rouge, LA||311||5 hr., 4 min.|
|San Antonio, TX||316||5 hr., 29 min.|
|Austin, TX||233||4 hr., 11 min.|
|Little Rock, AR||301||4 hr., 56 min.|
|Jackson, MS||322||5 hr., 11 min.|
|Oklahoma City, OK||388||6 hr., 23 min.|
|SOURCE: MapQuest (* From Nacogdoches, TX), Wadley-Donovan GrowthTech, LLC|
To view Traffic Counts for other Texas cities and counties, go to Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) webpage and make the following selections:
- Click on AADT overlay
- Then zoom in to view Nacogdoches County